The New York Composers Circle welcomes new members, both composers and performers. The only requirements for membership as a composer are an avid interest in our programs, attendance at a salon and the presentation (either live or via a recording) of a short composition demonstrating proficiency in the art, and a willingness to do your share to help in producing our concerts and/or related tasks. To become a member, write to Hubert Howe, Executive Director, at email@example.com, and include a short biographical note similar to those on our Composer Profile pages.
Composer Membership dues are currently $115 annually. Once membership has been confirmed, checks payable to the New York Composers Circle can be sent to:
Treasurer, New York Composers Circle
303 Upper Mountain Ave.
Upper Montclair, NJ 07043
Dues may be paid as well to the NYCC Paypal account at the address NYCCComposers@aol.com.
In addition to membership dues, composer members whose works are selected for performance at Composers Circle concerts are expected to make an additional contribution to help defray the costs of production. Currently this is $175, as well as an additional $100 per performer.
To be added to our roster of performers, please write to David Mecionis, Concert Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. There are no fees to join as a performer member, and currently our fees paid to performers are $100 per piece performed on a concert. This may be higher, based on the difficulty and length of the pieces performed. Performer members always have the option of refusing to play a piece offered to them.
Benefits of Membership
The New York Composers Circle is a cooperative and thrives through the active participation of its composer members. Members help out by serving on committees, or by working on individual projects in either an occasional or ongoing way. See for yourself if you would like to join by attending one of our upcoming salons. Click the CALENDAR tab in the menu bar above to find out when the next salon will take place. We hope to see you there.
Benefits of membership include:
· Active participation in our monthly music salons, with opportunities to “test fly” your works in
· Free entrance to all Circle events: Concerts, readings, salons.
· In-The-Loop updates, publicizing professional opportunities, the Circle’s latest news, and
performances of NYCC members, including your own.
· The opportunity to submit scores for possible performance in concert.
· The opportunity to submit scores for possible performance on recorded readings.
· Extended professional opportunities through the pooling of resources.
· The opportunity to be part of an expanding new-music network of composers and performers that
includes some of New York City’s finest musicians, and the increased opportunities for creative
exchange, collaboration, and professional development that this brings.
· Inclusion in our Composer Members page, with links to your own website, YouTube Channel, or
Becoming A Member of the NYCC